Useful physics links
Career related links
- The careers with physics page maintained by the Institute of Physics has lots of information on practical matters such as what sort of salary physicists earn, employement opportunities, resources, events, etc.
- Graduate prospects - the graduate careers website. Search for job vacancies and graduate employers. Check out their page Physics: Your skills for more information on physics jobs.
Links related to studying physics
- The Strathclyde page for prospective students
- UCAS (Universities & Colleges Admissions Service) is the central organisation that processes applications for full-time undergraduate courses at UK universities and colleges.
- The Student Awards Agency for Scotland is part of the Scottish Executive and is responsible to Scottish Ministers. Its purpose is to deal with financial support and give advice to eligible Scottish students in higher education throughout the United Kingdom, together with certain related roles in connection with student loans, hardship funds and educational endowments.
Practical physics links
- physics.org: A site that attempts to answer all your physics questions matched to your age and knowledge.
- bad science: This site sets out to attack well understood phenomena which are persistently presented incorrectly by teachers and writers. Topics include: Bad astronomy, bad chemistry, and bad meteorology. Quite funny and useful too!
- physlink.com: A site with physics news and answers to questions. Check out the "education" tab. Appears to aim for undergrads more than high-school students.
- The Institute of Physics (IoP) is the UK's professional organisation for physicists.
- The British Association for the Advancement of Science (The BA). The BA is the UK's nationwide, open membership organisation dedicated to connecting science with people, so that science and its applications become accessible to all.
- The Association for Science Education promotes excellence in science teaching and learning.